The U.S. Embassy Dili does not have the ability to perform many of the normal American Citizen Services provided by most U.S. Government Missions overseas, but strives to provide as many services as possible with assistance from the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta. All passport transactions are completed through the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta and require additional processing time.
You must apply in person if:
- You are applying for a passport for the first time or
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued or
- You changed your name since your passport was issued and do not have legal documentation of your name change or
- Your passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago.
The following is a summary of the steps required to obtain a new passport:
- Fill out (do NOT sign the application)Form DS-11 (available at the U.S. Embassy Dili Reception). To download an application form, please click here.
- Submit the form in person to the Consular Office and sign in front of the Consular Officer. Present proof of citizenship in the form of an expired undamaged U.S. passport, or a certified birth certificate issued by the city, county, or state.
- Pay 135 USD to the Embassy Cashier (open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.).
For more detailed information on obtaining a new passport and other forms of acceptable identification, please click here.